||[Aug. 7th, 2008|05:42 pm]
A New American Family
Originally published at American Family. Please leave any comments there.
On to less serious topics…
- Only 3 weeks until school starts. I already bought all M’s school supplies, her lunch box/thermos and backpack. We aren’t really going to buy her any new clothes until the weather turns chilly. We are super-duper fortunate that my good friend sends M and L her girls’ hand-me-downs and they are in immaculate condition. M may end up needing a few sweaters/jeans, but she will be dressed to the nines in
name brand or boutique beautiful dresses and outfits for the first couple months. She will need two new pairs of shoes so I am going to go get her feet measured today so I can order them online. I am thinking she will probably need a pair of maryjanes and maybe some tennis / gym shoes.
- Since we don’t have to buy new clothes, I am going to indulge myself and buy new socks for both M and L. Despite my best efforts to buy them all all the same kinds of only black and white socks, we seem to not have any matching pairs anywhere in this house. WTF?? I am so fed up, I am just going to throw all the old socks away and start fresh.
- Is it wrong that I already google-stalked all the kindergarten teachers?
- Our shopping hiatus is officially over today. (We extended it one week into august because we didn’t want to worry so much about expenses on vacation in July) I tried desperately to cheat and buy myself some much-needed new t-shirts and fall clothes last weekend but came home completely empty handed. Apparently, this year the designers have decided that women are actually 7 feet tall, so the t-shirts all hang down to the bottom of my ass. Is it too hard to make a standard, regular length t-shirt?
- Today, I read this article and then downloaded the Edison program. We are working on making small changes to help cut our energy usage, so maybe this will help a little. I have also been trying to unplug appliances we are not using. Baby steps, but every little bit helps, right?
Over and out.